Napa Valley Wine Train
Napa Valley Wine Train
The Napa Valley Wine Train is a three-hour, 36-mile round trip journey from the historic town of Napa through one of the world’s most renowned wine areas and allows guests to enjoy gourmet wine country cuisine while traveling by acres of vineyards and iconic wineries of Napa Valley. The train travels at a leisurely pace past the estates of Robert Mondavi and Opus One as well as many others. More than a beautiful voyage through the Valley, the Wine Train is also an opportunity to learn about winemaking in this unique region.
Why the Napa Valley Wine Train is Worth it
The Napa Valley Wine Train offers a unique and luxurious experience that is worth it for wine lovers and railroad enthusiasts alike. The train travels through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, and passengers can enjoy a gourmet meal while gazing out at the vineyards and wineries of Napa Valley. The Wine Train staff are knowledgeable and passionate about wine, and they provide informative and entertaining commentary during the journey. The Train also offers special events such as wine tastings and holiday celebrations, making it a perfect destination for any occasion.
Some of the things you can do on the train include:
- Enjoy a delicious and freshly prepared meal inside one of the train’s restored antique cars
- Take in beautiful views of the rolling vineyards and picturesque landscapes of Napa Valley
- Explore the train’s multiple cars, each with its own unique charm and history
- Relax and unwind on a truly memorable journey through one of the world’s most well-known wine valleys.
On the Train’s Legacy Experience, guests can enjoy tastings at legendary wineries, as well as gorgeous views of the vineyards and mountains.There are many wineries that are located along the train route, and each one is unique in its own way.
Some of the highlights include:
- Charles Krug Winery: Founded in 1861 by Charles V. Krug, this Iconic winery is home to California’s first tasting room. Guests on the Legacy Experience are treated to a private tour behind the scenes of the Valley’s oldest winery and a sampling inside the estate’s beautiful Redwood Cellar.
- Grgich Hills Estate: Founded by Miljenko “Mike” Grgich, Grgich Hills is home to the wine that put Napa Valley on the map. Guests of the Grgich Hills Estate Tasting are told the story of a true Napa legend as they delight in world-class wines from one of the greatest winemakers in the world.
- Sattui: Founded in 1885, V. Sattui is an award- winning winery that specializes in small batch wines. Located in the heart of Napa Valley this breathtaking estate features a one-of-a-kind Italian marketplace where guests can purchase Wine Country-inspired snacks that pair perfectly with their favorite bottles of vino from their tastings.
The Napa Valley Wine Train is a must-do for visitors to the area. Whether you’re looking to try something new or simply want to unwind and sip some of the world’s best wine, the Napa Valley Wine Train is well worth your time!
Where is the Napa Valley Wine Train Located
The Napa Valley, also known as the Napa Valleys, is located in Northern California about 50 miles northwest of San Francisco and roughly 60 kilometers west of Sacramento. The route of the Napa Valley Wine Train also passes through it.
After boarding the train at the McKinstry Street Station, visitors go through Napa’s industrial sector before crossing the Rural-Urban Limit Line (RUL) about ten minutes into their trip. Then it’s all about breathtaking scenery and California’s prestigious agricultural preserve, Napa Valley, past some of the country’s most expensive and well-known farm real estate, and charming towns like Oak Knoll, Yountville, Oakville, and Rutherford.
PACKAGES & OFFERS
Holidays in the City
Dreaming of spending your holidays in the city by the Bay? We’re in a giving mood and offering our best deal of the year to you. Book now and stay just steps from all the action!
Stay More, Play More
It’s hard to see all of San Francisco’s sights in only 24 hours, especially when you’re staying at the hotel in the heart of it all. For a limited time, we’re offering extra savings for each extra night you book.